Kelowna Heat is the rep (“B”) program supported by Kelowna Minor Fastball. Players that are committed to improving their skills and playing more competitive fastball should consider this program. In 2019 full-time teams will be formed in age groups U12B, U14B, U16B, and U19B. Read below for information on how to be involved and the difference between “B” and “C” fastball.
Kelowna Heat Try outs
Please email head coach if planning on attending the tryout unless otherwise stated.
- U12B – Saturday, September 8th from 1 to 5 p.m. at High Noon Park Field #3. Optional additional time Sunday, September 9th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at High Noon Park Field #6.
- U14B – Saturday, October 6th from 1 to 5 p.m. at High Noon Park Field #1. Sunday, November 4th from 3 to 5 p.m. at CNC: tryout evaluation #1 (1st round cuts). Sunday, December 2nd from 3 to 5 p.m. at CNC: tryout evaluation #2 (final team selection)
- U16B – Saturday, September 8th from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. at High Noon Park Field #1 and Sunday, September 9th from 2 to 4 p.m. at High Noon Park Field #5. Pre-tryout practice August 30th starting at 6 p.m. Hign Noon Park Field #1.
- U19B – Wednesday, September 12th from 6 to 8 p.m. at High Noon Park Field #1. Check in at 5:30 p.m. Register with Heather Martin, email@example.com.
Kelowna Heat Teams
- September – Team Formation
- October – March – weekly off season practices typically at Capital News Centre
- April – July – fastball season
“B” versus “C” Fastball
Parents and players often ask about the difference between the two levels of fastball. Players that play “B” are dedicated to improving their skills year round, are driven to compete at a higher level, and make fastball a priority.
||$210 league + $500 team + $1000 travel
||$210 league + $50 team + $200 travel (optional)
||10-20 hours + fundraising
(team runs Kelowna “B” tournament)
||1 home tournament, 4-6 travel tournaments
||3 Okanagan tournaments, maybe 1 travel tournament
||Try-outs – selection by ability and team fit
||Open to everyone – teams formed by evaluation and designed to be balanced