U16B Provincials July 6th to 8th, 2018
|Thursday, July 5, 2018||Coaches Meeting Sandman Inn at 7 p.m.|
|Friday, July 6, 2018||Games start at 8:00 a.m. Opening ceremonies from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Last games of day start at 6:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, July 7, 2018||Games start at 9 a.m. Pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Top 8 teams make double-knockout playoffs starting at 6:00 p.m. Next 8 teams have single-knockout playoffs starting Sunday morning.
|Sunday, July 8, 2018||Playoffs continue. Games start at 8 a.m. Final game starts at 6 p.m.|
Photos and Videos
What to Bring for Coaches Meeting
- The Softball BC approved player roster for your team and for each of your pickup players
- Birth certificates or proof of age (copies please) for each of your players and pickups
- Proof of NCCP certification for at least one coach on your team (or one of your pickups)
- Provincial Pickup forms for each of your pickups signed by the appropriate district coordinator
- Final roster of all players (click for form)
- Consult the Softball BC Handbook for exact rules. A brief overview is provided.
- 7 inning games with no time limits
- Run-up rule: 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 3.5 or 4 innings, and 7 after 4.5, 5, or more innings.
- If home team is losing after 6 1/2 innings, all runs and bases touched in the play which results in the winning run will be counted in the scoring. Game is over as soon as home team takes the lead.
- There are no ties. If a game is tied after 7 innings, the game will continue using the International Tie-Breaker Rule.
- Playoff rankings will be determined by total points, head-to-head (if applicable), followed by runs scored differential, then bases touched differential. Maximum runs scored and based touched differential is +7 and +30.
- All bats and batting helmets will be checked before games.
- Batting lineup cards will be given to each team for the games. A coach must sign the batting lineup card and provide all 4 copies to the Softball BC representative 30 minutes prior to scheduled game time. The team copy will be returned along with a copy of the other team’s lineup. Players must be listed with both first and last names. Changes may be made up until the plate meeting.
- No electronic devices on the field of play including dugouts.
- Scorekeepers will sit directly behind the backstop and only they will communicate with the home plate umpire.
The Sandman Inn is the preferred hotel.
UBC Okanagan has modern rooms with kitchenettes and individual dorm-style rooms ideal for teams. UBC Okanagan is 5 minutes from the park. Click for online reservations
Kelowna Minor Fastball has 6 fields at High Noon Ball Park on Old Vernon Road in Kelowna (east of the airport).
Note: The water is not drinkable at the ball park. Please plan to bring enough water.