Kelowna Heat is the rep (“B”) program supported by Kelowna Minor Fastball. Players that are committed to improving their skills and playing more competitive fastball should consider this program. In 2020 full-time teams will be formed in age groups U12B, U14B, U16B, and U19B. Read below for information on how to be involved and the difference between “B” and “C” fastball.
Kelowna Heat Try outs
Please email head coach if planning on attending the tryout unless otherwise stated.
- U12B – TBD
- U14B – September 6, 7, 8 at High Noon Park Field #1
- Friday, September 6 – 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Pitchers and catchers only
- Saturday, September 7 – 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Position players
- Sunday, September 8 – 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – If necessary
- To register and for more info contact, Peter Forbes, 250-462-0107, email@example.com.
- U16B –
- High Noon Park Field #1
- Sept 13th 5:30pm Pitchers and Catchers only.
- Sept 14+15 11am to 3:30pm
Please email Dean Mc Connell (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to
attend, along with:
1.Name of your daughter
2.Position she is trying out for
3.Past team and level
- U19B – Sunday, September 9, High Noon Park, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. If you are unable to attend but have an interest in playing for this year’s team, you MUST email Darren.email@example.com to let them know.
Kelowna Heat Teams
- September – Team Formation
- October – March – weekly off season practices typically at Capital News Centre
- April – July – fastball season
“B” versus “C” Fastball
Parents and players often ask about the difference between the two levels of fastball. Players that play “B” are dedicated to improving their skills year round, are driven to compete at a higher level, and make fastball a priority.
||$210 league + $500 team + $1000 travel
||$210 league + $50 team + $200 travel (optional)
||10-20 hours + fundraising
(team runs Kelowna “B” tournament)
||1 home tournament, 4-6 travel tournaments
||3 Okanagan tournaments, maybe 1 travel tournament
||Try-outs – selection by ability and team fit
||Open to everyone – teams formed by evaluation and designed to be balanced